TRAVEL VACCINES AT KINGSNORTH MEDICAL PRACTICE.
This service is available to ALL registered patients, however not all travel vaccinations are available under the NHS. The vaccines that are offered under the NHS are to protect against diseases thought to represent the greatest risk to public health if they were brought into the country and are:
- Diptheria/Tetanus/Polio (one vaccine lasts 10yrs)
- Typhoid (one vaccine lasts 3 years)
- Hepatitis A (course of 2 vaccines 6mths apart – lasts 10yrs for child and 20yrs for Adults)
Some travellers will therefore require the services of an independent Travel consultant in order to receive more specialist travel advice, which we are unable to provide under the NHS.
It is important that our patients receive appropriate advice on how to stay healthy abroad and for this reason we ask that all patients travelling firstly complete a risk assessment form.
If you are travelling within 4 weeks or you are back packing or have a complicated itinerary, you will be asked to contact a specialist travel clinic as we will NOT be able to offer you an appropriate appointment.
Patients are therefore asked to make contact with the surgery
at least 8 weeks prior to travel.
- Please ask the receptionist for a travel form or complete an on-line form at: www.kingsnorthmedicalpractice.co.uk
- The form will be passed to the nursing team who will assess the information and call you within 10 days of receipt of travel form to inform you of vaccines we can provide prior to your travel
- An appointment will be made with you or a message will be left to make a nurse appointment at Kingsnorth or to advise to whether you will need to attend a specialist travel clinic dependent on your travel vaccine needs.
The partners at Kingsnorth Medical Practice encourage patients to make an informed choice with regard to their travel vaccinations.
If patients wish to consult other surgeries or private travel clinics for this service, they can of course do so. The following list is for your guidance only, please note private clinics and charges may vary. We are not able to recommend a particular clinic:
BMC Travel Clinic: 01233 503666 https://axisbmctravelclinic.co.uk/
Chaucer Hospital: 01227 825100 www.bmihealthcare.co.uk
MASTA Travel Clinic: 01732 772815 www.masta-travel-health.com
Courts Pharmacy: 01233 885617 www.citydoc.org.uk
Axis BMC Travel Clinic
Unit 1 , Park Barn
Evegate Business Park
Smeeth , Ashford
Kent TN25 6SX
Tel : 01233 503666
Travel Health Questionnaire
To help us offer the appropriate advice, please print off the form below and complete and bring with you when coming to see the nurse.